Parent Drop-Off and Pick-Up
- For the safety of our staff and children, we kindly ask that parents refrain from entering our facilities at drop off/pick up. We also ask that all families take their own and their childs temperature prior to coming to our center.
- A parent will need to bring a thermometer to the center and take their childs temperature in front of one of our team members.
- All parents must wear a mask when dropping off and picking up their children.
- A KidsCo team member will be standing outside (assuming there is not inclement weather) and will greet you and your child. In the afternoon, our team members will bring your child out to you.
- A team member will have the sign-in/out tablet and will enter your childs PIN number each morning and afternoon to check your child in and out.
- If there are multiple families dropping off at the same time, please ensure that you are standing at least 6ft. away from other families. Our team will try and place spacing markers on the ground as a reminder.
- If possible, have the same parent or designated person drop off and pick up your child each day. Older people such as grandparents or those with serious underlying medical conditions should not pick up children, because they are more at risk forsevere illness from COVID-19.
Entering the Center Screenings & Cleaning- Children & Team Members
- When any child or team member enters the center, he/shes temperature will be taken in a designated area. Persons who have a fever of 100.04 or above or other signs of illness will not be admitted to the facility. We encourage parents to be on the alert for signs of illness in their children and keep them home when they are sick. Additionally, if someone at your home is sick, we kindly ask that you not send your child. We will be asking families screening questions as they enter as well.
- Hand hygiene stations will be set up at the entrance of the facility, so that children can clean their hands when they enter. We will provide hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Children and staff will then go to the nearest sink and wash their hands for at least 20 seconds using soap.
KidsCo team members will make every attempt to practice good social distancing procedures whenever possible. All team members will wear a cloth mask each day and use gloves when necessary. Additionally, children will be with the same group of children and staff each day.
Frequency & Products
- All KidsCo. programs will intensify all cleaning protocol.
- All classrooms will be routinely cleaned includingsurfaces and objects that are frequently touched, especially toys and games. This may also include cleaning objects/surfaces not ordinarily cleaned daily such as doorknobs, light switches, classroom sink handles, countertops, chairs, cubbies, and playground structures. Our facilities will use appropriate sanitizers that are approved by the MSDE Office of Child Care.
- Cleaning products will not be used near children, and staff will ensure that there is adequate ventilation when using these products to prevent children from inhaling fumes.
Cleaning and Sanitizing Toys Information/Supplies
- Toys that cannot be cleaned and sanitized will not be used.
- Toys that children have placed in their mouths or that are otherwise contaminated by body secretions or excretions will be set aside until they are cleaned by hand by a person wearing gloves.These toys will be cleaned with water and detergent, rinsed, sanitized with an EPA-registered disinfectant, rinsed again, and will then air-dry. You may also clean in a mechanical dishwasher.
- Machine washable cloth toys will be used by one individual at a time or will not be used at all. These toys should belaunderedbefore being used by another child.
- Childrens books, like other paper-based materials such as mail or envelopes, are not considered a high risk for transmission and do not need additional cleaning or disinfection procedures.
Masks for Children
- Children two years old and younger are not recommended to wear a mask. All other children are allowed to wear a mask if they can do so safely.
- KidsCo team members will do the best they can to ensure children who bring masks are wearing their masks; however, if a child is not wearing the mask appropriately and causing concern of the spread of germs, we may ask that the child not wear the mask.
- During this time, KidsCo will not be providing snacks or meals for children. We ask families to bring their child a lunch and afternoon snack.
- In normal times, we love to communicate with families in person! However, given the severity of this virus, we ask that parents communicate any of their questions or comments to our screening staff member that is at the door. If a parent needs to communicate with any other team members or the Director, please do so by calling the center or emailing the Director.
- We will be operating our classrooms with a maximum of 15 persons (including staff) in each classroom.
- Our program will include indoor play, outdoor play (including fields, possible playground/slides usage), and some water play. Please note that we will be adhering to all safety and cleaning standards recommended by the CDC when participating in each activity.
- If there are any plans to travel, we will notify families in advance and request permission.
What happens if there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 inside the building?
- Upon learning of a COVID-19 case in someone who has been in the center, we will immediately notify local health officials. A course of action will then be decided for the child care programs by the health department including if and for how long the center will need to close. We will also communicate any cases and the course of action with all parents and staff. Please note that as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act, we are required to maintain confidentiality regarding any person who many contract the virus.
- The health department will also give us guidelines on how to clean and disinfect the center following a COVID case.
Hours, Tuition, Scheduling Options, & Drop-In Care
- In an effort to ensure that we limit the number of persons entering and exiting our facility, we are only offering full-time child care options and no weekly options. Our centers will be open from 8:30am-5:30pm. Families can only drop off between the hours of 8:30-10:30am. Any family dropping off after that timeframe will not be admitted because our screening area will be closed down. There is no drop-in child care permitted during this time.
- Given the current state of the COVID-19 virus, KidsCo must strongly enforce our two-week cancelation policy. If the center is shut down for any reason (including COVID-19); families will have the option to cancel their enrollment; however, they will be required to give two-weeks notice and fully pay tuition during this time even if the center is closed. Additionally, if any family cancels, they will lose their enrollment priority spot and will go to the end of the waiting list, if there is one.
- Prior to attending KidsCo, please make sure you understand and are comfortable with the potential risks associated with sending your child to child care amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. While, our team is working hard to ensure that the facilities are clean and resemble strong social distancing practices; there is always risk associated with it and KidsCo is not liable for anyone who may contract the COVID-19 virus. We require all families to sign and return a waiver by the first day of camp.