Kids On-The-Run (KOR) caters to campers entering third through sixth grades in the following school year. KOR is a version of our popular Teens On-The-Run program; we’ve just geared it towards our younger campers. It offers the fun and exciting day trips that our campers love, while keeping all trips age appropriate. Trips are designed with the age group in mind, and KOR boasts a 10:1 (or better) camper to staff ratio. Kids On-The-Run is a great stepping stone to our Teens On-The-Run program, and transportation is by air conditioned school bus every day!
We understand that our families have busy summer schedules, and being convenient and flexible is extremely important to us. With this in mind, we hope that by offering six pick-up and drop-off locations with extended care hours (7:00am-6:00pm), we can relieve some of the chaos of your hectic schedule. Each On-The-Run site offering extended care is based at one of our popular Day Camps. These pick-up and drop-off locations offer air conditioned rooms, game room activities, bathroom facilities, water fountains, and field use. They are a controlled safe haven to relax prior to or after a fun-filled day of KOR excursions. In addition, this structure enables parents to drop off all of their campers at one location, while allowing them to choose which camp best suits their child’s interests and needs. All pick-up and drop-off locations with extended care offer KidsCo Day Camp, Teens On-The-Run, and Kids On-The-Run on site.
Our Incredible Staff
Our Kids On-The-Run Day Trip Camp staff members are comprised of year round employees and college age students. Our Directors also direct KidsCo’s Before and After School Programs during the school year. Their experience with children, scheduling, traveling and staff motivation is impeccable. Each year our Directors attend the American Camp Association conference to remain up to date on the newest information and summer trends, as well as participate in continued training throughout the year. Please feel free to contact us with any questions regarding the background of a KidsCo staff member.
Preparation and Safety
KidsCo’s planning season begins long before the start of summer camp. In fact, September marks the beginning of a new camp season for us! This ensures that we have ample time to prepare and plan for another amazing summer.
Each year our camps are licensed by the State of Maryland. We are always developing and updating our safety procedures to make sure that we meet and exceed state requirements. Safety is always our number one priority. Here are a few of the safety procedures we implement over the summer:
• Each Monday a photo is taken of your child to keep on file with the Director
• Each bus has a a designated bus captain who partners with the Director to add extra security and accountability on and off the bus at each stop
• Directly upon getting off the bus, all campers are shown where the “main base” is located. All campers meet at the “main base” a minimum of two times during their trip
• All staff members are equipped with a two way radio, providing constant contact with one another at all times
• All camper emergency information is kept with the Director at all times. If your child is sent to camp with a cell phone, that number is noted by the Director. The Director’s mobile number is always accessible to your child via their KidsCo wristband
• Current trip shirts are required on all Wednesday trips, while at large theme parks and sporting events
• On all trips, children wear a wristband that indicates our camp name and the Director’s mobile phone number.
These are just a few of our everyday safety procedures. Please feel free to contact us for more information about safety and accountability!
Bus time is a large component of a day at camp. With this in mind, we are pleased to offer air conditioned busses daily. Keeping in mind that your camper spends a portion of each day on a bus, we feel that working consistently with a bus company and its drivers is important. We boast an over ten year relationship with a local bus company, and this ensures that we can openly communicate with them at all times regarding the transport of campers.
A bus ride with Kids On-The-Run is not your usual commute! Each ride becomes an experience in itself with daily activities to provide entertainment and an opportunity to get to know fellow campers and staff. Some daily activities include: “Challenge Monday” filled with puzzles and games to challenge your skills, “Bus Color Day”, to showcase your spirit, and “Freestyle Friday” to show off your talents!