We know that some of our children’s best memories are those that they share with our amazing KidsCo staff members, and that’s why we make it our top priority to hire the best of the best out there! Quality staff members ensure a quality program for our children and families. When forming a team to run a program or summer camp, much thought and effort goes into pulling together the perfect group of individuals. The KidsCo owner and his staff development team formulate a cohesive group that will touch on all the needs of the program or camp location.
For all KidsCo staff members, the recruitment steps include:
• Mandatory Criminal Background Check conducted at the State and Federal level. An additional Background Check is then conducted by the Maryland State Department of Education, Office of Child Care.
• Proper medical check
• Two personal and professional references
• Office interview and an on-site training interview and/or orientation
• Continuing Education Courses to equal at least 6 credit hours (year-round staff only)
In addition, we provide all school year Directors and Group Leaders with:
• CPR certification
• First Aid Certification
• Continuing Education Courses to equal at least 12 credit hours
Additionally, KidsCo is proud to boast that we maintain higher than the Maryland State required staff to child ratios at all of our programs.
One of the most common hurdles for child care providers is staff retention. We are very proud that our program and corporate turnover is extremely low! The majority of our staff members are referred to us by valued sources such as existing team members, school personnel, and families within our programs.
At KidsCo, we pride ourselves on our wonderful team, and value all of our employees. We strive to create ways to keep morale high by demonstrating our appreciation consistently and providing them with the tools and support they need to run an excellent program. We also sponsor staff bonding activities like weekend retreats, bowling, and other sporting events. We encourage staff involvement and creativity in planning the curriculum, which results in a quality, long-term core team.